Sunday, April 11, 2010

Crum bed, bookcase and side tables

I visited Denver, Colorado for the month of Sept 2009 to make some furniture for my dad, Jim Helmkamp. This was an awesome project, time to both work and hang out with my dad for a wonderful visit! He even helped out with some of the finishing.

Thanks to Mark Mortenson, a Denver area photographer, for all the great photo work and taking on the monster task of photographing this huge bed.



Check out more photos of the Crum bed, sidetable and bookcase at
Mark's website:
http://www.markmortensen.com/rambling-on/kamp-studio-robb-helmkamp/

After building the bed and bookcase at Cliff Whitehouse's studio
Bernwood Custom Design in Denver I returned to build the sidetables in Asheville, NC and had them transported by an art courier to my dad in Lakewood, CO.



The Crum series of furniture is made from maple, sapele,
sapele pomelle veneer and black aluminum.

1 comment:

  1. What's with your asian friends? I need translation. Awesome work! I can't wait until I can afford you!

    ReplyDelete